Friday, September 23, 2016

rest in peace, nana~


Last night, my beloved Nana passed away peacefully in her sleep. I am heartbroken, but at the same time, I am relieved that she is free now to be her true free-spirited self amongst the heavens. Some of my happiest memories in my life are with this woman, and I'll always remember her as the spunky old lady with the best sense of humor and a warm heart. 


***

Nana, I'll never forget the tea parties we had at your house, the way you let me try on all of your beautiful scarves and jewelry. I'll always look back fondly on family time during the holidays, where you were the heart of our rambunctious little world. Whenever I see a cardinal outside my window, I will think of you. I know your loved ones amongst the stars are welcoming you and will take good care of you, but your loved ones here on earth will miss you dearly. Be at peace, I will always love and miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment